Danesh Graham on his way to London!


     We are excited to announce that Danesh Zhao Graham has been accepted for the Foundations Acting course at Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance in the United Kingdom, having gone through an arduous selection process involving 3000 candidates to be one of only 30 students in the programme.

     Rose Bruford is one of the UK Conference of Drama Schools and provides rigorous and professional training in all aspects of performance.  Danesh will train with experienced acting staff and visiting directors as well as other industry professionals.  The Foundation course will prepare him for the three year Honours Acting Bachelor of Arts.He is also excited about the opportunities to see live London theatre and learn about working as an actor.  His goal is to get his Honours Acting B.A. and work in the business.  We wish him all the best in this exciting new endeavour.

     Over the years at dramaschool-Vancouver Danesh has achieved outstanding results in Trinity College London examinations, having completed his Grade 8 Speech & Drama in 2015 with Distinction and his Associate Diploma in Performing Speech and Drama this June also with Distinction.

     From an early age Danesh has been fascinated by the imaginary world, hence his passion for theatre.  His early childhood was spent in China and he still has fond memories of his time there.  He is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and has MC’d many Chinese cultural events.  Another passion is singing, both solo and choral and he is looking forward to the  vocal training at Rose Bruford.

     A family friend has written a poem in Mandarin for Danesh, which Danesh has translated into English.  This beautiful poem refers specifically to Danesh and the poem Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, which Danesh performed for his Associate Diploma; however, the poem is very fitting for all of our students setting out on new roads:

In the Distance You Sail

     by Xiao Bi, translated by Danesh Zhao Graham

你要启航

In the distance you sail

驶向远方

drifting toward the horizon

天边的云在招手

Clouds above waving you farewell

鼓满的风帆扬起梦想

Your dream, like a lofty sail catching the wind,

sends you forward


温哥华平静的海湾

The gentle tides of Vancouver

已经不能把你挽留

cannot hold you longer

心潮涌动着

Roaring in your heart

男人的勇敢

The bravery of a boy now grown

成年的坚强

Strong and mature

青春的癫狂

Youthful fire in your veins,

还有那神秘的渴望

fueling your wonder and curiosity,

carry you further away from shore


当大海埋没了小船的桅杆

And when the unforgiving ocean beats away at your vessel

with such fury–it's mast scantily seen under the blanket of blue. 

你会挥舞着手臂呼喊

You stand, arms raised screaming-

来吧,让一切更猛烈

"Come! Let the storm be more violent!" 

无论狂风骤雨

No relentless storm

无论惊涛骇浪

No terrifying tsunami can sink you

当黑夜吞噬了孤寂的身影

a spot in a wide sea, your lonely shadow,

blends into the congenial dark of night

你也会仰望星空歌唱

where you sit below the stars, singing 

那首古老的《古舟子吟》

the Rime of the Ancient Mariner

传到莎士比亚的故乡

the homeland of Shakespeare now before you


朝霞从地平线升起

Dawn now peeking over the horizon

小船渡满金光

a warm, golden glow illuminating your wooden hull

一只洁白的鸽子

A pure white albatross soaring gracefully over your bronze shoulders

落在你古铜色的肩膀




                                                                                                                          

                                                                                                                       



© dramaschool.co